Sunday 28 March 2010

Played the game, got the t-shirt.

Was checking out upcoming new releases on the Game website the other day... I've been following the development journey of the Alan Wake game pretty much since I was old enough to grasp a controller, so I was pleased to see that there's going to be a collector's edition. Also, if you preorder (either editon), you get a downloadable t-shirt for your avatar. The weird thing is that I'm more excited about getting a t-shirt for my avatar than I would be if I was getting a t-shirt for me (see earlier post for my rant about ludicrously large gaming-related t-shirts).

The limited collector's edition is designed to look like a book and is 'hardbound in quality linen.' Unfortunately in skim reading I skipped the first two words and was getting way too excited about the possibility of an Alan Wake duvet. Here's what's actually included:


  • Game Disc in box with unique art
  • Exclusive In-Game Audio Commentary and hints by Remedy.
  • “The Alan Wake Files” a 144 page book that includes a short story written by Alan Wake and compiles the FBI dossiers investigating the events in Bright Falls.
  • Exclusive Xbox 360 bonus disc with special content:
    - Exclusive Xbox Theme and Avatar
    - A token for the first downloadable content available for Alan Wake through Xbox LIVE
    - Video Documentaries/Behind The Scenes
    - The Theme of Alan Wake
    - The World of Bright Falls
    - The People of Bight Falls
    - Alan’s Missions
  • Exclusive Audio Disc with Soundtrack and Score

No comments:

Post a Comment