Tuesday 23 February 2010

Who shot Marvin Gaye?


That was the crucial question when I was playing 1 vs 100 back in January. I was in the Mob, and with a sneaky feeling that I knew the answer, my avatar was poised (see below) to break into a victory dance.
As luck would have it, the One got the answer wrong, and so did a large proportion of the Mob. A small handful of people, myself  included, got it right (Marvin Gaye's dad shot Marvin Gaye) and won a copy of Lode Runner - details to be emailed etc etc. I was very excited. My avatar did every dance known to avatars. It was a good day.

But that was six weeks ago. Now there's a new question - where's my prize?! I assumed I'd have to wait a little while, but close to two months? Wow. I'm a huge fan of 1 vs 100, partly because I love any kind of quiz, but also because it's so fast-paced and immediate. Having to wait forever for a prize seems to defeat the object a bit.

5 comments:

  1. Apologies to my Australian gaming friends who don't even get 1 vs 100 over there, let alone get to complain about it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boooo! I've been dying to play this and suddenly discover that my years of useless obscure trivia will actually propel me to GOD-LIKE STATUS as The One, and people will write articles about how I obviously cheated. Then the police will beat me up and I'll have to save a hot Indian girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're having to post you the original Lode Runner from 1983. It'll take a while to reach you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in the top 10 in that game and also won Lode Runner - still not arrived for me either.

    It's not like I particularly want the game - it's the principle of the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't give up hope yet, Ems - it could still happen...

    Duncan - I totally agree, I will be playing my free game from start to finish whether I like it or not ;)

    ReplyDelete