Thursday 25 February 2010

Top Five Game Sounds #5

Game soundtracks get a fair bit of attention. Not as much attention as female samurais in bikinis, granted, but they get their fair share of the limelight. The humble sound effect, on the other hand, rarely gets a mention. Which is why I've decided to dedicate some of my blogging space to my top five game sounds - sounds that have stuck in my head for days, sounds that freak me out and iconic sounds that remind me how great gaming is. Here's number 5...

Game: Gears of War
Sound created by: The Ticker
Sound: More of a click, click, click, than a tick, tick, tick.



Whenever I hear that click, click, click, my anxiety levels go through the roof. In fact, just the thought of the sound of the click, click, click, makes me freak out substantially. Which is weird, because I actually find tickers quite cute. Right before they run at me with a ticking bomb.

So, what would you have in your top five game sounds? Feel free to comment... I'll be posting the rest of the countdown over the next few days...

8 comments:

  1. The shotgun from Doom. "Boom! Cha-chunk!"

    It's an old game now, sure, but that shotgun remains as satisfying to use as ever, mainly for the satisfying noise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oh oh! One of my favourites has got to be the Witch from Left 4 Dead. Is she going to feature on your list? I freak out whenever I hear that crying noise and the WoooOOOOOoooOOOOoooOOooo accompanying music track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh! I hate the Witch noise. It stresses me out because I know I'll manage to disturb her.

    So many death-by-witches...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ems - you'll have to wait and see... the final four shall remain in four separate sealed envelopes until I get time to blog some more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sliding doors from Doom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where are the other four?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry TC - should've read to the end of your blog :oD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Anonymous - Yep, I'll be posting the rest over the next couple of days. Just to keep you guessing...

    ReplyDelete