Tuesday 22 June 2010

Talking to Strangers

I'm enjoying Red Dead Redemption, but I find the cut-scenes way too long. I've been skipping them so much that I no longer have any grasp of the story. I'm a bloke on a horse with lots of things to do. That's it. I still have a lot of fun, but it's not the same as being gripped by the story AND enjoying the gameplay.

I started to think about games where I haven't skipped the cut-scenes at all, and realised that they were few and far between. And so begins another set of themed posts - my top three games with show-stopping cut-scenes. In no particular order...

#1



Oddworld Stranger's Wrath was THE game that got me back into gaming. The story totally drew me in and I was so invested in the character of Stranger, that it just wasn't possible to skip even a second of a cut-scene. I laughed. I cried. And when I wasn't talking to townsfolk, who just happened to be chickens, I was hoping there was another cut-scene around the next corner.

1 comment:

  1. I would give my right arm to have this game re-released on the 360 or even the PS3.

    Ok, maybe not my right arm, that'd make gaming much harder...

    But I would pay whatever they wanted to charge to get my hands on this again. Damn the non-backwards compatibility of this game!

    LOVE LOVE LOVE Stranger's Wrath. After watching your cut-scene clip, I may even upgrade this game to my top of all time.

    ReplyDelete